Cisco Channel Partner Program updated to reflect market changes
Changes to Cisco' Channel Partner Program was announced at the Cisco Partner Summit in Las Vegas during March 2014. The changes are designed to reflect the demands of today's market and should provide you with more help in:
- Initiating new line of business conversations
- Expanding your service and solutions portfolio
- Increasing the opportunity for Profit.
Summary of Changes
Business architect and Hybrid IT expertise is being added to the architectures you sell today. Now, you can either provide or resell Cisco cloud and managed services in addition to on-premises solutions. And you can capture new and recurring revenue with professional and support services.
Four Cisco advanced architecture specialisations including:
- New Enterprise Networking and Security specialisations (mandatory)
- Any two specialisations from the Advanced Collaboration Architecture or Advanced Data Center Architecture, or the Advanced IP Next-Generation Network Architecture (IP NGN) specialisation
Four Cisco cloud and managed service offers to include:
- At least one Cisco Powered cloud service or one Cisco cloud service such as WebEx, Cisco Cloud Web Security (ScanSafe), or Meraki
- At least one Cisco Powered managed service or one of any partner-created managed services based on Cisco technology
- One Cisco Business Value Practitioner certification
Partners will have a transition period of 16 to 24 months beginning April 1, 2014.
Silver Certification will be retired on April 1, 2016. Silver partners can choose to increase their breadth and become Gold Certified or increase their depth to become Master Specialised.
- Express Collaboration or Express Foundation Specialisation or a Cisco Advanced Specialisation.
- At least one: Cisco Powered cloud service or Cisco Powered managed service or Cisco cloud service such as WebEx, Cisco Cloud Web Security (ScanSafe), or Meraki Partners will have a transition period of 16 to 24 months beginning April 1, 2014.
Select Certification Requirements
Now you can become Select Certified with any Express (or higher) Specialisation, including SMB Specialisation.
Simplified CSAT for Gold and Premier
Beginning August 2014, we will continue to ask for a minimum number of surveys. But, we will no longer require a regional score target to maintain your certification. However, a follow-up will be required for low scores. You will still be able to see your score in the Partner Access onLine (PAL) tool and achieve the Star of Excellence.
New Global and Multinational Designation Requirements
More partners require the ability to support customers beyond their borders. To foster global business and promote local investment, we redesigned the requirements for qualification as a multinational or global partner. We are moving to a more regional host-satellite model and reducing the in-country certification requirements. This new model takes advantage of host-country capabilities, while partners follow customers in remote countries where they have a legal entity.
Multinational partners must hold the following certifications in each one of the three Cisco geographies - Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Each Cisco geography hosts two regions. A partner can attain multinational status by meeting requirements within one or more regions which can be either in the same geography or different geographies.
- Two Gold Certification
- Three Premier Certifications
So in total, a Global Designated Partners must now have:
- Six Gold Certifications
- Nine Premier Certifications
New Course Requirements - Booking Now
Advanced Security Architecture
- SSFIPS - Securing Cisco Networks with Sourcefire IPS (SSFIPS)
- SSFAMP - Securing Cisco Networks with Sourcefire FireAMP Endpoints
Advanced Enterprise Networks Architecture
- UABC - Unified Access Boot Camp
- IWANBC- Intelligent WAN Boot Camp
Business Value Practitioner
- BTUBVAF - Understanding Cisco Business Value Analysis Fundamentals
- BTASBVA - Applying Cisco Specialized Business Value Analysis Skills
- CBVBC - Cisco Business Value Boot Camp
- BTEABVD - Executing Cisco Advanced Business Value Analysis and Design Techniques
Express Security Specialisations
- SAEXS - Cisco ASA Express Security
- PASESA - Securing Email with Cisco Email Security Appliance - Channel Partners
- SWSA - Securing the Web with Cisco Web Security Applicance
Enhancements to Global Partner Network (GPN)
Within the Global Partner Network we expanded agent eligibility for Cisco Global and Cisco Multinational designated partners. Now, if you have a Cisco Registered Partner in your branch location you can participate in the GPN program.
The Global Knowledge team are working closely with Cisco to ensure that we can provide quick answers to any questions you may have. There are a number of items of collateral that may help with your initial questions, alternatively please contact your Global Knowledge account manager who will obtain the latest available information.