This course is designed for Sales Engineers responsible for Pre- and Post-Sales Support of Business Communications Manager (BCM). Through lecture, discussion, and a case study, you will learn how to determine the requirements needed to properly implement BCM50 or BCM450.
You must have all of the following skills:
- Working knowledge of BCM 3.7 and BCM50 Rls. 2.0 features and capabilities
- Microsoft ® Windows ® and capable of running your web browser
- Understanding of basic key system technology
- Understanding of basic T1 theory and concepts
- Understanding of Voice over IP theory and concepts
- Understanding of PC and PC networking technology
After completing the course, the student will be able to:
- Select BCM architecture components for the customer’s application.
- Explain BCM management applications.
- Determine the most appropriate BCM voice application to meet the customer’s needs.
- Evaluate available solutions for a converged network.Apply what you have learned through the use a case study.
- Describing Architecture Components
- Explaining Management Applications
- Voice Applications
- Converged SolutionsApplying Your Knowledge – a Case Study
This training includes the opportunity to challenge a Certification or Segment Exam
following the completion of the course. This is a proctored, closed-book exam that will apply towards your Nortel Certification. For information on the exam’s duration, number of questions, and other details, please visit Nortel’s web site –then plan your attendance accordingly.