The CVE-401-1 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution course provides students with the foundationnecessary to effectively plan for and perform the tasks necessary to successfully incorporate a complete Citrix virtualization solution into a Windows Server 2008 environment. Upon course completion, students will be able to integrate key Citrix virtualization technologies, including XenServer, XenApp, Provisioning Services, and XenDesktop, to create an end-to-end virtualization solution. This hands-on curriculum includes exercises that teach students best practices for securing the environment, monitoring the different components in the environment, backing-up critical systems, and updating and patching applications and virtualized servers.
- Before taking this course, Citrix recommends that learners possess the following:
- Experience using the following Citrix products:
- Citrix XenServer 5.6 or higher
- Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6 or higher
- Citrix XenApp 6.0 or higher
- Citrix XenDesktop 5.0 or higher
- Experience using Windows Server 2008, including:
- Active Directory
- Terminal Services
- Performance Monitoring
- Base OS, including server roles
- Group Policy Objects
- Experience using Microsoft SQL Server2
- Completion of the following courses or demonstrate equivalent knowledge:
- CXS-203-1 - Citrix XenServer 6.0 Administration
- CXA-206-1 - Citrix XenApp 6.5 Administration
- CXA-301-1 - Citrix XenApp 6.5 Advanced Administration
- CXD-202-1 - Citrix XenDesktop 5 Administration
- ISO Storage
- Pre-Installation Considerations
- Optimizing XenServer
Provisioning Services Integration
- Network Support of Streaming
- vDisk Types
- High Availability
- Write-Cache Location
- Provisioning Services with XenApp3
- XenApp Configurations
- Profile Management
- XenApp Security
- XenApp Farm Migration
- Virtual Desktop Components
- Capacity Planning
- Application Delivery Methods in a Virtual Desktop
- XenDesktop Security
Virtual Environment Monitoring
- Monitoring Best Practices
Virtual Environment Maintenance
- XenApp, XenDesktop, and Virtual Machine Backup
- Protecting Critical Systems
- Single Sign-on
- Workflow Studio Overview
- Power and Capacity Management
- Prepare the storage NICs, resource pools, and networking configurations for a XenServer host.
- Configure Provisioning Services for the environment.
- Migrate an existing XenApp farm and provision new XenApp servers.
- Manage user personalization settings with Citrix Profile management.
- Create a master virtual desktop for XenDesktop.
- Configuring Access Gateway VPX.
- Increasing password security using Single Sign-on.
- Monitor the virtualized environment with Citrix EdgeSight.
- Reducing power consumption with Power and Capacity Management.
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as Server, Network and Systems Engineers. Systems
Integrators, Systems Administrators and Application Engineers are also appropriate candidates for this
- This course prepares candidates for the 1Y1-A25 Engineering a Citrix Virtualization Solution exam.