This course provides learners with the skills necessary to monitor, maintain, optimize and troubleshoot Citrix XenApp 6.5 environments running on Windows Server 2008 R2 software. Learners are introduced to the tools used to monitor the XenApp farm, record farm activity and generate reports. In addition, learners take away the skills needed to maintain data and server integrity and to scale, optimize and troubleshoot the XenApp farm. This course encourages learning by doing and includes many hands-on exercises that reinforce and expand on the course content.
The following are preparatory recommendations for this course:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 with Remote Desktop Services
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
- Working knowledge of the architecture and administrative tasks associated with Citrix XenApp 6.5
- CXA-206-1 Citrix XenApp 6.5 Basic Administration
- Basic knowledge of XenServer, EdgeSight, Branch Repeater and XenDesktop
Topics covered in this course include:
- Troubleshooting the XenApp environment
- Scaling the XenApp environment
- Creating farm redundancy
- Maintaining the XenApp environment
- Optimizing the XenApp environment
- Optimizing printing
- Monitoring XenApp with standard utilities
- Monitoring XenApp with EdgeSight
- Securing XenApp
This course is intended for IT professionals, such as server, network, and system administrators familiar with Microsoft® Windows Server™ 2008 R2 environments. System engineers, analysts, consultants, architects and Citrix partners are appropriate candidates for this course. Existing XenApp administrators, especially those with basic XenApp 6.5 experience and those who are interested in achieving CCAA or CCEE certifications, are ideal candidates.
- This course helps prepare learners for Exam A22, the requirement for the Citrix Certified Advanced Administrator.
- Please note this exam and certification are currently still in development.
- The beta for Exam A22 will be available in Q4 2011.