Take the course that over 50,000 networking professionals have taken to truly understand how networks function. This class will tie together all of the hardware and software components of today's computer networks. The in-depth lecture and 14 hands-on labs will enable each student to acquire the skills they need to design, install, and maintain their organization's LANs and WANs.
The course will ensure you know the basics of data networking. It is the foundation for preparing you for more advanced technology areas including IP Networking, Network Security, Wireless Integration, advanced Routing and Switching, Storage Networking, as well as product specific training such as Cisco, Nortel, and Microsoft. This is the ultimate, hands-on networking course to help you prepare for the real world with leading edge technologies, and a solid foundation to the more advanced networking topics you will face as an IT professional.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Networking Basics
- Networking Standards
- Microsoft, Unix, and Linux Networking
- Network Cabling Systems
- Ethernet Overview
- IP Addressing Issues
- TCP/IP Protocols
- Network Security
- Wireless Networking
- WAN Overview
- WAN Services
- The Internet
- Understand how hubs, switches, and routers function and how they are installed and configured using Cisco equipment
- Understand IP addressing works and how to perform subnetting
- TCP/IP functions and is configured on devices
- Capture and view live classroom network traffic using a protocol analyzer
- Understand what various wireless options you have for your networks
- Understand basic security and firewall issues
- Ethernet works and how all of the various forms can be connected together
- Use the basics of WAN services, including Frame Relay, T1 lines, ATM, and DSL
- Understand the difference between frames and packets
- Cat 5e UTP and fiber optic cables are installed
- Set up a network at home for a home office and for your family
- Understand VLANs function and are set up
- Understand how NAT works and is used
- Understand various routing protocols such as RIP, ISRP, and OSPF function and are set up.
Network administrators, voice technicians, applications developers, help desk staff and all the various departments touched heavily by IT.
This course prepares delegates for the CompTIA Network+ exam.
Follow on Courses
- Mastering TCP/IP (GK-9055)
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND) or CCNA Fast Track Programme (CCNABC)