This instructor-led training course introduces the student to the HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array data replication environment. That environment includes both local replication (Business Copy Enterprise Virtual Array) and remote replication (Continuous Access Enterprise Virtual Array) solutions. The focus of this course, however, is the remote replication capability represented by Continuous Access EVA. Also discussed is the Replication Solutions Manager (RSM) software application.
- Students should successfully complete the following course prior to attending this course:-
- HP StorageWorks Enterprise Virtual Array 4-day UC420S
- HP StorageWorks Enterprise virtual Array 5-day U4879S
- It is preferred that students have a working knowledge of at least one of the supported opeating systems.
- Describe the purpose and concepts of Business Copy EVA and Continuous Acccess EVA.
- Work with the Job Scheduler, Job Creation and Templates.
- Configure Continuous Access EVA and use the replication functions available within RSM and Commabd View EVA.
- Describe Continuous Access EVA extended configurations.
- Perform basic troubleshooting techniques for Continuous Access EVA.
- Install the Replication Solutions Manager application.
- Describe the planning process for implementation of Continuous Access EVA.
- Perform Continuous Access EVA failover operations.
- Identify and implement Continuous Access EVA best practices.
This course is suitable for System Administrators responsible for managing the many types of copy sets found in the Enterprise Virtual Array (EVA) environment.