This course is an extensive introduction to the UNIX® operating system and how to use its many commands and utilities. It also covers the standard UNIX system file editor and basic shell programming. This course is the foundation and prerequisite for most other courses in HP Education’s Tru64 and HP-UX curricula. The 5-day course is 60 percent lecture and 40 percent hands-on labs using HP servers.
- General computer literacy
- Prepare for our HP-UX system administration and software development courses.
- Customize your UNIX system to meet your individual needs.
- Learn to use your UNIX system effectively and save time by automating tasks with shell programs.
- Learn how to use the full capabilities of your system through hands-on lab exercises.