This 5-day course introduces the tasks and tools used by a database administrator or system manager who is responsible for the daily management and protection of a NonStop™ SQL/MP database, programs that access the database, and other associated database elements. Hands-on labs give you practical experience in performing management tasks against a database with applications.
- Concepts and Facilities course
- NonStop SQL/MP Essentials course
- Solid understanding of systems, application areas, and daily operations for both systems and applications
- Understanding of the database environment at your business
- Review of the NonStop SQL/MP environment
- SQL/MP installation and version management
- Creating SQL/MP database base objects
- Loading, copying, appending, and reorganizing data
- Updating SQL/MP statistics
- Managing SQL/MP embedded programs
- Altering SQL/MP database objects
- Moving SQL/MP database objects
- Removing SQL/MP database objects
- Managing database protection and recovery using NonStop Transaction Manager/MP (TM/MP)
- Backing up and restoring SQL/MP database objects
- Database security management
- Tools for monitoring performance
- Enhancing DP2 performance
- Managing sorts
- Controlling SQL/MP processes
This course is suitable for Database administrators, System managers and people responsible for availability of NonStop SQL/MP databases and applications.
Follow on Courses
- NonStop SQL/MP Query Design for Performance course.