This course covers the installation, configuration, monitoring and management of Process Resource Manager (PRM) and Workload Manager (WLM), key components of HP's adaptive infrastructure. Class participants will reinforce the lecture theory with a series of hands-on exercises on. This 3 day course is 50% lecture and 50% hands-on.
- Students should have a sound knowledge of HP-UX system administration.
- HP Process Resource Manager (PRM) Review
- Troubleshooting PRM
- Monitoring using EMS
- WLM and partitioning
- Using WLM on a partitionable system
- Advanced Topic-WLM configuration file syntax
- Understand HP-UX and SNMP support
- Understand and utilize WLM
- Understand WLM auditing and billing the Management Processor
- Using WLM in a single OS instance
- Nested partitioning a TiCAP
- Advanced topic- WLMTX and integration with other products
This course is suitable for Experienced system administrators and consultants.
Follow on Courses
- HP-UX Partition Management with vPars and nPars. U5075S