This training provides delegates with a good understanding of Quality Management, within the context of ISO/IEC 20000, the International Standard for IT Service Management more commonly known as ISO20000.
This accredited course also prepares delegates for the industry recognised EXIN ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate.
There are no pre-requisites for this course as such, although the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate is strongly recommended.
Please note: there is pre-course work for this course. Please refer to the 'course content' section for further details.
The definitions and principles of service quality management
- Quality and service
- Process approach
- IT Service Management
- Evaluation and continuous improvement
The position of ITSM in ISO20000
- The landscape of standards and frameworks
- The concepts of certification practices
- The concept of ISO/IEC 20000
The quality specifications for ITSM
- The quality specifications for Management, Improvement and control of ITSM Processes
- Quality specification for the delivery and support of IT services
- The quality specification for alignment of business and IT
The code of practice for ITSM
- Best practices for Management and Improvement of ITSM Processes
- The best practices for Control of IT Services
- The best practices for Alignment of IT and the Business
- The best practices for Delivery of IT Services
- The best practices for Support of IT Services
- Mock Exams
- Certification Examination
Pre-course Reading and Preparation
Your chances for success in the exam for this course can be considerably enhanced if you are better prepared before attending. This course is not like the ITIL Courses in that it is very specific on the exact words of the standard.
The Standard (Parts 1 and 2) consists of more than 50 pages, which the student is expected to be conversant with by the time of the exam on day 3. It is not possible, in the time allocated for this course, for the lecturer to cover all of the words in the standard.
As a preparation for attending this course, we strongly recommend that you:
- Read the Pocket Guide - Spend at least 2 days prior to your course reading and digesting the information in this book. Note: if you have registered for the course in advance, and have provided a postal address, we will post a copy of the Pocket Guide to you, free-of-charge. However, this may not be possible for late registrations.
- Read Part 1 and Part 2 of ISO/IEC 20000 - Spend at least 3 days prior to your course reading and digesting the standard. Note: you will need to source your own copy of the standard. We may provide a reference copy during the course for the class, which must be returned to the lecturer upon course completion. Due to our licensing conditions, it is not possible to provide this to you in advance.
You can obtain a copy of both parts of the standard on paper or downloadable format from BSI. Links are:
If you cannot get access to a copy of the Standard, then reading the Pocket Guide will provide a good basis of information, however, the Pocket Guide is not a substitute for the Standard.
- To provide an understanding of the principles of Service Quality Management.
- To give knowledge of the basic concepts of ISO20000 and the quality specification for IT Service Management.
- To prepare delegates for EXIN ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate.
The course is aimed at a wide audience of IT Service Management staff of IT Service Providers, internal or external, with an interest in Service Quality Management and ISO20000.
The combination of this and the ITIL® Foundation qualifications will provide a firm basis for professionals working in an ISO20000 certified organisation.
This course is not appropriate for auditors requiring education and qualification in order to conduct accredited external ISO20000 Audits in accordance with the itSMF Certification process and criteria. The ISO20000 for Auditors course addresses the needs of external and internal auditors.
Delegates will take the EXIN ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation exam at the end of this course. The exam is based on a 1-hour multiple choice, closed book examination. Successful delegates will be awarded the EXIN ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation Certificate. Exam to be charged separately
Follow on Courses
This course is delivered in partnership with Fox IT - The Authority in IT Service Management™