Being an effective service desk manager requires a broad range of talents, from people-oriented abilities and an awareness of logistics to financial acumen and presentation skills. This course provides a thorough understanding of, and qualification in, service desk management.
Defining strategic requirements
- Plan for the strategic development of the service desk within an organisation's overall business goals
Developing a strategic role
- Define the strategies and techniques for a successful support operation that is integrated with the organisation's overall business goals
Essential management skills
- Examine key commercial management skills including integrating IT services, business cases, financial management, strategic responsibilities, defining processes and procedures, gap analysis, project management, behaviours and communication
Integrating the service desk
- Identify the need for relationship and network building, contribute to IT and business objectives, continual improvement and assessing the best sourcing option
Promoting the service desk
- Plan the promotional objectives, strategies and tactics for the service desk
Quality assurance activities
- Review QA programmes and practices including satisfaction surveys, benchmarking, monitoring methods, service delivery models and resource management
Effective management of tools and technologies
- Review and evaluate the service desk technology market, ACD and CTI, service delivery communication channels, self-service and self-healing
Staff recruitment, retention and development
- Examine effective recruitment programmes, core skills, staff development, effective relationships with teams and individuals
- Establish reward and recognition strategies, employee and customer satisfaction programmes, performance management, staff motivation, work environment
Leadership and management
- Discover how to be an effective leader and manager, improve your professional development, and hone teamwork, coaching, mentoring and stress management skills
- A thorough grounding in the skills required to lead, motivate and manage a service desk team
- Obtaining the complete Service Desk management tool kit
The course is designed for both new and experienced service desk managers, team leaders and supervisors. Between 3 and 5 years experience of the service desk environment is ideal.
- Multiple choice
- 60 questions per paper
- 45 marks required to pass (out of 60 available) - 75%
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book.
- A voucher for the exam is part of the price.
- The exam may be sat at one of a range of locations after the course.
Follow on Courses
- LSO, ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Operation
- IOSA, ITIL® Capability: Operational Support & Analysis
- SDA, Service Desk Institute - Analyst
- SDF, Service Desk Institute - Foundation