This one-day course provides a general introduction to IT Service Management and how it can contribute to Business/IT alignment.
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites:
Overview of Service Management
- How Service Management can help establish a closer working relationship between IT service providers and internal/external customers in order to provide competitive edge to the core business
- The underlying culture required to add value to the services provided and to increase both the customer’s perception and service revenue
Service Management Processes
- An outline of the key ITIL Service Management processes which aid the delivery of cost effective, quality IT services in line with core business objectives including:
- Service Lifecycle
- Service Practice
- Service Strategy
- Service Transition
- Service OperationContinual
- Service Improvement
This course can be easily tailored to encompass your own organisation’s specific messages about why and how ITSM will be or is being implemented.
Additional value is achieved by a sponsoring manager opening and closing the course.
- Understand the need for change in service provision and for commitment to implementing a Service Management culture
- The course helps to remove barriers and conflict and helps staff to work together for the benefit of the core business.
This course is aimed at IT and business staff and could be used as part of a formal awareness campaign or as an early introduction before a formal training programme of IT Service Management commences
Recommended as preparation for exam(s):
Follow on Courses
The following courses are recommended for further study:
- Service Management in Action (SMIA) – Business Simulation course
- Other ITIL® Courses: Foundation, Practitioner, Managers