This bootcamp combines the ITIL® Service Strategy and Service Design courses, covering the lifecycle aspects, and management & controls of the activities and techniques within Service Strategy and Service Design, though not the details of the supporting processes (which are covered in detail in the Capability courses).
Additionally the course looks at the concepts of Strategy and Design as a practice and at the interfaces between them and the other stages of the ITIL Service Lifecycle.
Accelerated learning for maximum results!
Delegates are required to hold the ILFN ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.
It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabi and relevant books in preparation for the examination.
- The main principles and objectives of Service Strategy
- Core concepts and practices in Strategy and organisations applied to Service Management and IT.
- Defining Services and Market Space
- Conducting Strategic Analysis
- Driving Strategy through the Service Lifecycle stages and interfaces to Strategy
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- Technology considerations related to Service Strategy
- The activities commonly performed in the Service Strategy arena
- Assessing Critical Success Factors and Managing Risk in Service Strategy
- The main principles and objectives of Service Design
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- Organisational issues concerned with Design
- The five aspects of Service Design – design of the Service Solution, Systems, Technology Architecture, Processes and
- management systems
- Technology considerations related to Service Design
- The activities commonly performed in the Service Design arena
- Assessing Critical Success Factors and Managing Risk in Service Design
- The course also covers the managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL processes covered in the these stages:
This bootcamp also covers the managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL® processes covered in the Service Strategy and Service Design stages:
- Financial Management
- Service Portfolio Management
- Demand Management
- Service Catalogue Management
- Service Level Management
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Information Security Management
- Supplier Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology.
- Look at activities that may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation and enables students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy and Service Design.
- Look at strategic planning, execution and control within a service-based business model, to enable an understanding of the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Strategy.
- Describe strategic perspectives, plans, positions and patterns as applied to service management and IT.
- Explain the roles and justify the need of Service Design in the Service Lifecycle.
- Explore the link between Strategy and Design, and how they are linked to other stages in the lifecycle.
- Prepare delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examinations in Service Strategy and Service Design.
Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Strategy and Service Design stages of the Service Lifecycle.
This bootcamp offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate or equivalent.
Individuals attending this bootcamp should note that due to the intensive nature of this bootcamp, some evening works are expected.
This bootcamp forms part of the ITIL® Intermediate qualification programme Delegates attending this bootcamp will be taking both Service Strategy and Service Design examinations. Each examination consists of a complex multiple choice, closed book paper, to be completed within 90 minutes. Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do notspeak English as their first language will be allowed 120 minutes to allow use of a dictionary. The pass mark will be 70% or more. . Exam to be charged separately
Follow on Courses
ITIL® Service Capability courses
- IOSA- ITIL® Capability: Operational Support & Analysis
- PPO - ITIL® Capability: Planning, Protection & Optimisation
- RCV- ITIL® Capability: Release, Control & Validation
- SOA - ITIL® Capability: Service Offerings & Agreements
ITIL® Service Lifecycle courses
- LCSI- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement
- LSO- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Operation
- LST- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Transition
Service Lifecycle Bootcamp
- LST-LSO- Service Lifecycle Bootcamp: Transition & Operation
This course is worth 3 ITIL Expert credits per exam (a total of 6 credits)
Delegates will receive a copy of the Key Element Guide: LSS-LSD during the course.
The course is based on the OGC’s Best Practice Guidelines in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle books; this course is centred on the Service Strategy and Service Design books. The books are available from the GK bookshop (http://www.gkbookshop.co.uk/).
ITIL® is a Registered Trademark of The Office of Government Commerce (OGC).
This course is delivered in partnership with Fox IT - The Authority in IT Service Management™