This bootcamp combines the Service Transition and Service Operation courses, covering the lifecycle aspects and the management and control of the activities and techniques within the Service Transition and Service Operation stages of the lifecycle but not the details of the supporting processes (which are covered in detail in the capability courses).
Additionally the course looks at the concepts of Service Transition and Service Operation as a practice and at the interfaces between them and the other stages of the ITIL® Service Lifecycle.
The bootcamp is assignment based, with a strong emphasis on practical coursework, working as individuals and in teams.
Accelerated learning for maximum results!
Delegates are required to hold the ILFN ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
Before taking the course it is recommended, though not required, that candidates have exposure to basic concepts in IT and related work experience of at least two years.
It is recommended that students should complete at least 21 hours of personal study by reviewing the syllabi and relevant books in preparation for the examination.
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- Organisational issues concerned with Transition
- Technology considerations related to Service Transition
- The activities commonly performed in the Service Transition arena
- Assessing Critical Success Factors and Managing Risk in Service Transition
- The main principles and objectives of Service Operation
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks
- Organisational issues concerned with Functions, Groups, Teams, Department & Divisions
- Achieving balance in Service Operations
- Operational Health, Communication and Documentation
- The activities commonly performed in the Service Operation arena
- Improvement of Operational Activities
- Implementation consideration
- Managing Change in Service Operations
- Service Operation and Project Management
- Assessing & Managing Risk in Service Operations
- Operational Staff in Design & Transition
- Planning & Implementing Service Management Technologies
This bootcamp also covers the managerial and supervisory aspects of the ITIL® processes covered in the Service Transition and Service Operation stage:
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Knowledge Management
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfilment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Obtain knowledge on ITIL® concepts and terminology.
- Look at activities that may be implemented to enhance the quality of IT service management within an organisation and enables students to understand the concepts, processes, functions and activities involved in Service Transition.
- Examine organisational issues including functions, groups and teams, department operational health process structures that will enable role focused capability and competency in support of the Service Lifecycle approach as described in ITIL®.
- Prepare delegates for the ITIL® Lifecycle examinations in Service Transition and Service Operation.
Individuals who require a deeper understanding of the Service Transition and Service Operation stages of the Service Lifecycle. This bootcamp offers a natural career development path for practitioner staff who already hold the ITIL® V3 Foundation Certificate or equivalent.
Individuals attending this bootcamp should note that due to intensive nature of this bootcamp, some evening works are expected.
This bootcamp forms part of the ITIL® Intermediate qualification programme. Delegates attending this bootcamp will be taking both Service Transition and Service Operation examinations. Each examination consists of a complex multiple-choice, closed book paper, to be completed within 90 minutes. Candidates sitting the examination in English and who do notspeak English as their first language will be allowed 120 minutes and allow use of a dictionary. The pass mark will be 70% or more. Each examination is independent. Exam to be charged separately
Follow on Courses
ITIL® Service Capability courses
- IOSA - ITIL® Capability: Operational Support & Analysis
- PPO - ITIL® Capability: Planning, Protection & Optimisation
- RCV - ITIL® Capability: Release, Control & Validation
- SOA - ITIL® Capability: Service Offerings & Agreements
ITIL® Service Lifecycle courses
- LCSI- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Continual Service Improvement
- LSD- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Design
- LSS- ITIL® Service Lifecycle: Service Strategy
Service Lifecycle Bootcamp
- LSS-LSD- Service Lifecycle Bootcamp: Strategy & Design
This course is worth 3 ITIL Expert credits per exam (a total of 6 credits)
Delegates will receive a copy of the Key Element Guide: LST-LSO during the course
The course is based on the OGC’s Best Practice Guidelines in the ITIL® Service Lifecycle books; this bootcamp is centred on theServiceOperation and Service Transitionbooks. The books are available from the GK bookshop (http://www.gkbookshop.co.uk/).
ITIL® is a Registered Trademark of The Office of Government Commerce (OGC).
This course is delivered in partnership with Fox IT - The Authority in IT Service Management™