This Solaris System Administration training course will provide delegates with practical experience of configuring various aspects of a Oracle Solaris system up to and including Solaris version 10. This course extends the skills a delegate will have gained from attending the Solaris System Administration - Part 1 course.
- SI, Solaris Introduction
- SSPR, Solaris Shell Programming
- SSA1, Solaris System Administration - Part I
- Configuring and Managing DNS
- Configuring and Managing NIS
- Control of remote File Systems with NFS and Auto mount
- Managing Disk Space in the Solaris Volume Management environment using the Solaris Management Console and standard commands
- Managing swap space
- Setting up the JumpStart facility to automate installation
- Installing a system with a Flash Archive
- Live Upgrade
- Managing the System and Program Dump file environment
- Managing system event logging with syslog
- Allocating system tasks to users using Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Configuring and accessing Zones
This Solaris System Administration - Part II course is aimed at IT staff responsible for administering a networked server in a local area network, running the Oracle Solaris operating environment. It will extend their skills beyond basic administration tasks.
- Delegates will cover more specialised tasks such as managing the system log and configuring remote file sharing with NFS whilst gaining the key skills required to prepare for the Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator Certified Professional Part II exam (1Z0-878).
- Together with the Solaris Administration - Part I course, this course is also suitable preparation for delegates intending to sit the Oracle Solaris 10 System Administrator Certified Professional Upgrade exam (1Z0-879).
Follow on Courses
- SASP, Solaris Advanced Shell Programming Tools
- OSP, Oracle SQL
- APH, Apache Web Server
- ORO, Oracle Overview Seminar