This course teaches students how to design, install and configure a private cloud, including how to configure and deploy the application infrastructure as well as the key components of System Center 2012 that are necessary for delivering services on the private cloud infrastructure.
This course provides direction on producing a high-level design that accounts for requirements for the private cloud environment. Students will learn how to configure and deploy the application infrastructure, how to configure a preboot execution environment (PXE) server, an update server, and a software update baseline. Students will learn how to sequence and deploy an application virtually, and how to build the core components that are necessary for delivering services in the infrastructure. They will also allocate resources and grant access to the private cloud.
Additionally, students will learn how to monitor the private cloud, and setup, configure, and integrate the core System Center 2012 - Service Manager components into the private cloud infrastructure. Students will learn how to configure a service catalog and publish this catalog to the self-service portal. They will also gain the knowledge required to deploy and configure System Center 2012 - Data Protection Manager (DPM) and Orchestrator in a private cloud, and integrate these products with other System Center 2012 components.
The beta version of this course (10751AB) utilizes pre-release software in the virtual machine for the labs.
Before attending this course, students must already have the following technical knowledge:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 operating system.
- Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Networking experience.
- Working knowledge of previous versions of System Center products.
- Microsoft SharePoint configuration.
- Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V.
- Familiarity with data center management processes.
- Storage area networks (SANs).
Module 1: Planning for the Private Cloud
- Understanding the Private Cloud
- Requirements for Deploying a Private Cloud
- Designing the Private Cloud Components
- Deploying a Private Cloud Infrastructure with System Center 2012
- Deploying Hyper-V Clustering with Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
Module 2: Configuring and Deploying the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Virtual Machine Manager Architecture and Components Overview
- Installing and Upgrading Virtual Machine Manager
- Configuring VMM Security and Roles
- Understanding Host Groups
Module 3: Extending and Maintaining the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Overview of the PXE and Update Server Roles
- Deploying Bare-Metal Hyper-V Host Servers
- Configuring the Update Server Role
- Creating and Remediating an Update Baseline
Module 4: Configuring Virtual Application Delivery
- Dynamic Application Deployment Overview
- Web Deployment Packages
- Server Application Virtualization Overview
- Configuring Server App-V Components
- Sequencing and Deploying Virtual Applications
Module 5: Creating the Private Cloud Building Blocks
- Configuring Guest Operating System Profiles
- Configuring Hardware Profiles
- Deploying SQL Server Using SQL Server Profiles
- Configuring Application Profiles for a Deployment
- Configuring Virtual Machine Templates
- Configuring Self-Service Portal Users
Module 6: Deploying and Accessing the First Business Unit Private Cloud
- Understanding Private Clouds
- Installing and Configuring Application Controller
- Creating and Managing Services and Service Templates
Module 7: Monitoring the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Operations Manager Architecture and Security
- Upgrading Operations Manager
- Configuring Notifications
- Configuring Management Packs
- Configuring Integration with System Center 2012
Module 8: Extending and Customizing Monitoring of the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Configuring a SharePoint Portal
- Using the Monitoring Templates
- Understanding Distributed Application Monitoring
Module 9: Implementing Service Management for the Private Cloud
- System Center Service Manager Architecture Overview
- Upgrading Service Manager
- Understanding Service Manager Work Items
- Configuring System Center Service Manager Connectors
- Configuring Notifications
- Understanding Incident and Problem Management
Module 10: Configuring a Private Cloud Service Catalog
- What Is a Service Catalog?
- Cloud Service Process Management Pack Overview
- Configuring Service Request Fulfillment
- Configuring Service Offerings
- Service Level Management
Module 11: Protecting the Private Cloud Infrastructure
- Data Protection Manager Architecture and Security
- Upgrading Data Protection Manager
- Configuring Data Protection Manager for Protection of the Private Cloud
- Configuring Application Protection for the Private Cloud
- Restoring Applications to the Private Cloud
Module 12: Automating and Standardizing the Private Cloud
- System Center Orchestrator Overview
- Deploying and Configuring Core Components
- Configuring Integration Packs
- Creating Runbooks
- Executing a Runbook from Service Manager
- Plan for the private cloud.
- Configure and deploy the private cloud infrastructure.
- Extend and maintain the private cloud infrastructure.
- Configure virtual application delivery.
- Create the private cloud building blocks.
- Deploy and access the first business unit private cloud.
- Monitor the private cloud infrastructure.
- Extend and customize monitoring of the private cloud infrastructure.
- Implement service management for the private cloud.
- Configure a private cloud service catalog.
- Protect the private cloud infrastructure.
- Automate and standardize the private cloud.
This course is intended for data center administrators who will be responsible for designing, installing, and configuring a private cloud infrastructure. The secondary audience for this course are data center administrators who will be responsible for monitoring and protecting the private cloud infrastructure.
- This course helps prepare candidates for Exam 70-247, Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012.