This version of this course is built on the final release version of Windows Server 2012.
Learn how to provision and configure advanced services using Windows Server 2012 with this five-day course. This course is part three, in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment. The three courses will collectively cover implementing, managing, maintaining and provisioning services and infrastructure in a Windows Server 2012 environment. Although there is some cross-over of skills and tasks across these three courses, this course primarily covers advanced configuration of services necessary to deploy, manage and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure, such as advanced networking services, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), identity management, rights management, Federated services, network load balancing, failover clustering, business continuity and disaster recovery.
This course maps directly to and is preparation material for Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA):Windows Server 2012 exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services.
- Good hands-on experience working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 enterprise environment.
- Real-world experience implementing, managing, and configuring AD DS and networking infrastructure in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge equivalent to courses: 20410B: Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012, and 20411B: Administering Windows Server 2012.
Module 1: Implementing Advanced Network Services
- Configuring Advanced DHCP Features
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Implementing IPAM
Module 2: Implementing Advanced File Services
- Configuring iSCSI Storage
- Configuring BranchCache
- Optimizing Storage Usage
Module 3: Implementing Dynamic Access Control
- Overview of Dynamic Access Control
- Planning for Dynamic Access Control
- Deploying Dynamic Access Control
Module 4: Implementing Distributed Active Directory Domain Services Deployments
- Overview of Distributed AD DS Deployments
- Deploying a Distributed AD DS Environment
- Configuring AD DS Trusts
Module 5: Implementing Active Directory Domain Services Sites and Replication
- Overview of AD DS Replication
- Configuring AD DS Sites
- Configuring and Monitoring AD DS Replication
Module 6: Implementing Active Directory Certificate Services
- PKI Overview
- Deploying CAs
- Deploying and Configuring CA Hierarchy
- Deploying and Managing Certificate Templates
- Implementing Certificate Distribution and Revocation
- Managing Certificate Recovery
Module 7: Implementing Active Directory Rights Management Services
- AD RMS Overview
- Deploying and Managing an AD RMS Infrastructure
- Configuring AD RMS Content Protection
- Configuring External Access to AD RMS
Module 8: Implementing Active Directory Federation Services
- Overview of AD FS
- Deploying AD FS
- Implementing AD FS for a Single Organization
- Deploying AD FS in a B2B Federation Scenario
Module 9: Implementing Network Load Balancing
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB Cluster
- Planning an NLB Implementation
Module 10: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Overview of Failover Clustering
- Implementing a Failover Cluster
- Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Implementing a Multi-Site Failover Cluster
Module 11: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
- Implementing Hyper-V Virtual Machine Movement
- Managing Hyper-V Virtual Environments by Using VMM
Module 12: Implementing Disaster Recovery
- Overview of Disaster Recovery
- Implementing Windows Server Backup
- Implementing Server and Data Recovery
- Implement advanced network services.
- Implement advanced file services.
- Implement Dynamic Access Control.
- Implement distributed Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) deployments.
- Implement AD DS sites and replication.
- Implement Active Directory Certification Services (AD CS).
- Implement Active Directory Rights Management Services (AD RMS).
- Implement Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS).
- Implement network load balancing (NLB).
- Implement failover clustering.
- Implement failover clustering with Hyper-V.
- Implement disaster recovery.
This course is intended for IT professionals with hands-on experience implementing, managing, and maintaining a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment, who wish to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to perform advanced management and provisioning of services within that Windows Server 2012 environment. Suitable candidates are typically experienced system administrators who have real-world experience working in a Windows Server 2008, Windows server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 environment.
The secondary audience for this course are candidates who plan to take Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services, or who want to acquire the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) credential.
This course is also suitable for GK6436 Boot Camp delegates.
- This course helps prepare candidates for exam 70-412.
- Exam 70-412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services: counts as credit toward the following certification(s):
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): Windows Server 2012
Follow on Courses
- M20413, Designing and Implementing a Server Infrastructure
- M20414, Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure
- M20415, Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
- M20416, Implementing Desktop Application Environments
- M20417, Upgrading Your Skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
If you are attending this course as part 2 of the GK6436 Windows Server 2012 Boot Camp then you will also receive 1 exam voucher and a free retake voucher if required.
This exclusive GK6436 study program includes: Ask the Expert support by Global Knowledge mentors, Access to the online Microsoft Press reference Libary, Recorded "Power-hours" for each exam; providing on-line review sessions, 6 months post course on demand 24/7 remote labs access and practice exams.