In this course, you will learn the skills required to maintain a Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or 2014 database by focusing on data storage, backup and restoration, importing and exporting data, security, database maintenance and the SQL Server Agent.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20462: Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases. It covers the skills and knowledge measured by Exam 70-462 and along with on-the-job experience, helps you prepare for the exam.
What You'll Learn
- Core database administration tasks and tools
- Install and configure SQL Server 2014
- Configure SQL Server databases and storage
- Plan and implement a backup strategy
- Restore databases from backups
- Import and export data
- Monitor SQL Server
- Trace SQL Server activity
- Manage SQL Server security
- Audit data access and encrypt data
- Perform ongoing database maintenance
- Automate SQL Server maintenance with SQL Server Agent jobs
- Configure database mail, alerts, and notifications
Who Needs to Attend
- Database professionals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases including database maintenance
- Database professionals who work in environments where databases play a key role in their primary job responsibilities or develop applications that deliver content from SQL Server databases
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operations systems and its core functionality
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL and relational databases
- Experience with database design
- Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (M20461)
- Implementing a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (M20463)
- Implementing Data Models and Reports with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (M20466)
- Designing a Data Solution with Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (M20465)
This course is a part of the following programs or tracks:
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014
Note: To reflect the inclusion of SQL Server 2014 content in exams 461, 462, and 463, Microsoft Learning has rebranded the MCSA certification to MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014. As changes to each individual exam are modest in size and SQL Server 2012 skills remain relevant, all current MCSA: SQL Server 2012 certification holders will have their transcripts updated accordingly to reflect the new credential name. Please see https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcsa-sql-certification.aspx for certification details.
- MCSA: Windows Server 2012
Note: Exam 70-462 is an elective exam, which along with Exams 70-410 and 70-411, will fulfill the requirements for the MCSA: Windows Server 2012 certification.
£449 + VAT
Please complete the below form to confirm your provisional order for the Microsoft Official Course - On-Demand title Administering Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Databases (M20462). We will contact you as soon as possible.