In this course, you will learn how to deploy and configure System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager. You will learn how to upgrade an existing Service Manager environment and how to customize System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager to be in line with corporate standards. Discover how Service Manager manages changes in the IT environment by configuring activity, change, and release management. You will also learn how to run reports in Service Manager including how to manage and maintain the data warehouse jobs and cubes on which reports rely.
This course incorporates materials from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 10965: IT Service Management with System Center Service Manager.
What You'll Learn
- Key features of System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- How Service Manager adopts best practices using ITIL® and Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF)
- Architecting and implementing a System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager deployment
- Upgrading an existing Service Manager 2010 environment to System Center 2012
- Customizing System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager to be in line with corporate standards
- Configuring incident and problem management
- Configuring activity, change, and release management
- Configuring service requests
- Configuring service level management
- Customizing the self-service portal
- Configuring reporting and analysis
- Troubleshooting Service Manager and perform disaster recovery
Who Needs to Attend
- Cloud and datacenter administrators who are new to System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager and are responsible for deploying, configuring and operating it in their cloud or datacenter
- Cloud and datacenter administrators who are already familiar with Service Manager and want to upgrade their skills to include the new features found in System Center 2012 R2 Service Manager
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2008 R2 and Windows Server 2012
- Working knowledge of SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Server 2012
- An understanding of the IT management processes that are included with ITIL and MOF
- Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 (M10750)
- Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012 (M10751)
Please complete the below form to confirm your provisional order for the Microsoft Official Course - On-Demand title IT Service Management with System Center Service Manager (M10965). We will contact you as soon as possible.