In this course, you will learn the technical skills required to write basic Transact-SQL (T-SQL) queries for Microsoft SQL Server 2014. This is the foundational course for all SQL server related disciplines: database administration, database development and business intelligence. Tools and skills you will learn include: SQL Server Management Studio, T-SQL, SELECT statements in querying multiple tables, data types, data sorting and filtering, data manipulation language (DML), grouping and aggregating data, table expressions, set operators, window functions, T-SQL programming, error handlers, and transaction management in SQL Server.
This course is designed for customers interested in learning SQL Server 2012 or SQL Server 2014. It covers the new features of SQL Server 2014 as well as the important capabilities across the SQL Server data platform.
This course incorporates material from the Official Microsoft Learning Product 20461: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014. It covers the skills and knowledge measured by Exam 70-461 and along with on-the-job experience, helps you prepare for the exam.
What You'll Learn
- SELECT query writing
- Query multiple tables
- Sort and filter data
- Data types in SQL Server
- Data modification using T-SQL
- Built-in functions
- Group and aggregate data
- Subqueries and table expressions
- Set operators
- Window functions: ranking, offset, and aggregate
- Pivot and group sets
- EXECUTE stored procedures
- T-SQL programming
- Error handling and transaction implementation
Who Needs to Attend
- Database administrators
- Database developers
- Business intelligence professionals
- SQL power-users such as:
- Report writers
- Business analysts
- Client application developers
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows operation system and its core functionality
- Administering Microsoft SQL Server Databases (M20462)
- Implement a Data Warehouse with Microsoft SQL Server (M20463)
- Developing Microsoft SQL Server Databases (M20464)
- Designing a Data Solution with Microsoft SQL Server (M20465)
- MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014
Note: To reflect the inclusion of SQL Server 2014 content in exams 461, 462, and 463, Microsoft Learning has rebranded the MCSA certification to MCSA: SQL Server 2012/2014. As changes to each individual exam are modest in size and SQL Server 2012 skills remain relevant, all current MCSA: SQL Server 2012 certification holders will have their transcripts updated accordingly to reflect the new credential name. Please see https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/mcsa-sql-certification.aspx for certification details.
Please complete the below form to confirm your provisional order for the Microsoft Official Course - On-Demand title Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (M20461). We will contact you as soon as possible.