The enterprise ‘upgrade’ e-learning solution with a flexible hosted portal option
As a key Microsoft Education Partner, Global Knowledge works with many organisations to provide effective technical learning engagements. When we were asked to develop a solution aimed at delivering education for the wider user community, we evaluated the specific requirements of most clients during a major technology refresh or upgrade (typically XP/Vista to Windows 7 and Office 2003 to 2010) and created the following checklist:
- Focused simplicity – delivers the key training required around new and common features rather than putting the onus on the organisation or users to trawl through hours of content specifics
- Rapid application – quick and scaleable delivery of content which requires minimal management or user intervention and set-up
- Flexible deployment – content can be taken in a variety of formats including a collaborative hosted portal model or deployment using an existing client LMS – both offering management tracking
- Cost effective – low cost of ownership and licence models to suit a customer requirement
Windows 7 features: An intuitive experience
Built on the strengths of Windows Server 2008 and Windows Vista, Windows 7 is the Microsoft operating system designed to enhance organisation's desktop environment. Windows 7 provides improved security and manageability for remote and local computers, and improves performance and reliability.
Windows 7 gets you around your PC faster than ever. The taskbar has larger buttons and full-sized previews-and you can pin programmes to it for one-click access. Aero desktop features also lets you Snap, Peek, and Shake, giving you easy new ways to juggle all those open windows.
Microsoft Office 2010 offers a new and flexible way to work. It has powerful new tools to help you be more effective and creative whilst also connecting you with colleagues and peers. Although Office 2010 works with many different versions of Windows, innovations in Windows 7 are seamlessly integrated with Office 2010 to help you work more efficiently. Our e-learning content includes key features and functionality across the titles below.
- Outlook 2010
- Word 2010
- Excel 2010
- One Note 2010
- PowerPoint 2010
- Lync 2010 user guide
- Internet Explorer 9
- Office 2010 Common Features
Office 2010 common features include:
- The Ribbon
- Quick access toolbars
- Backstage view
- Compatibility Mode
- Quick format menu / mini toolbar
- Charts, Smart Art and screenshots
Many content modules are also available in European and International languages.
Our simple ‘hosted’ option
We offer the content via a hosted portal - this is a genuinely quick and simple deployment for organisations who are looking to ‘outsource’ the hassle. This portal allows pre-loaded users to access the content using customer defined username and password access. Alternatively, the portal has a range of collaborative tools and can be used to create a more engaging learning experience through active facilitation, multimedia content and online.
For more information please call us on 0118 912 3456.