The CIPT is the first and only certification of its kind worldwide. It was launched by the IAPP in 2014 to meet the growing need that only tech pros can fill—securing data privacy at all stages of IT product and service lifecycles.
Achieving a CIPP/E credential shows you have the comprehensive GDPR knowledge, perspective and understanding to ensure compliance and data protection success in Europe—and to take advantage of the career opportunity this sweeping legislation represents.
Whether you work in the public or private sector, data privacy skills are quickly becoming a must-have—and that’s a great opportunity for you.
- The CIPP/E program was developed by the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), which is the world’s largest comprehensive global information privacy community and resource. The CIPP/E certification holds accreditation under ISO 17024: 2012.
- The CIPT is the first and only certification of its kind worldwide. It was launched by the IAPP in 2014 to meet the growing need that only tech pros can fill—securing data privacy at all stages of IT product and service lifecycles.
- Critical data protection concepts and practices that impact IT
- Consumer data protection expectations and responsibility
- How to bake privacy into early stages of IT products and services for cost control, accuracy and speed-to-market
- How to establish data protection practices for data collection and transfer
- How to preempt data protection issues in the Internet of Things
- How to factor data protection into data classification and emerging tech such as cloud computing, facial recognition and surveillance
- How to communicate data protection issues with partners such as management, development, marketing and legal.
The two-day training (CIPP/E) encompasses pan-European and national data protection laws, key data protection terminology and practical concepts concerning the protection of personal data and trans-border data flows.
The CIPT credential (2-day training) shows you’ve got the knowledge to build your organisation’s data protection structures from the ground up. With regulators worldwide calling for tech professionals to factor data protection into their products and services, the job market for privacy-trained IT pros has never been stronger.