The CIPT is the first and only certification of its kind worldwide. It was launched by the IAPP in 2014 to meet the growing need that only tech pros can fill—securing data privacy at all stages of IT product and service lifecycles.
All students will receive official IAPP resources as well as One Year IAPP membership.
Day 1 Module 1:
Fundamentals of Information Privacy
- Unit 1: Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- Unit 2: Jurisdiction and Industries
- Unit 3: Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information
- Unit 4: Online Privacy: Using Personal Information on Websites and with Other Internet-related Technologies
Module 2: Privacy in Technology
- Unit 1: Understanding the Need for Privacy in the Environment
- Unit 2: Core Privacy Concepts
- Unit 3: Regulations and Standards Impacting Privacy in IT
- Unit 4: Privacy in Systems and Applications
- Unit 5: Online Privacy Issues
- Unit 6: De-identifying and Anonymising Personally Identifiable Information
- Unit 7: Cloud Computing
- Critical data protection concepts and practices that impact IT
- Consumer data protection expectations and responsibility
- How to bake privacy into early stages of IT products and services for cost control, accuracy and speed-to-market
- How to establish data protection practices for data collection and transfer
- How to preempt data protection issues in the Internet of Things
- How to factor data protection into data classification and emerging tech such as cloud computing, facial recognition and surveillance.
- How to communicate data protection issues with partners such as management, development, marketing and legal
The CIPT credential shows you’ve got the knowledge to build your organisation’s data protection structures from the ground up. With regulators worldwide calling for tech professionals to factor data protection into their products and services, the job market for privacy-trained IT pros has never been stronger.
Who should attend?
- Data Protection Officers
- IT Managers and Administrators
- Records Managers
- System Developers
- IT Security specialist
- Anyone who builds and develops IT systems