PRINCE2® has established itself as the premier approach to managing projects. PRINCE2® is generic – capable of being applied to any kind of project – scaleable and business-driven. Organisations that have adopted the PRINCE2® have claimed that they have been able to achieve greater customer satisfaction during and at the end of projects, to reduce costs and to realise greater benefit from project deliverables.
The Registered PRINCE2® Practitioner qualification is now established as an external competence measure by organisations in the UK, the Netherlands, Australia and elsewhere.
PRINCE2® is a Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is over two days, whereby day one is a full training day and day two is a half day where the delegate will do the exam.
All delegates should have passed the PRINCE2® Foundation examination, or hold one of the following:-
Project Management Institute (PMI) details at www.pmi.org:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
International Project Management Association (IPMA) details at http://ipma.ch/:
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate).
- Background & Objectives
- Foundation and Practitioner – the differences
- Review of current knowledge
- Organisational structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- The project board
- The project manager
- Team management
- Project assurance
- Project support
- Purpose and importance
- Components & types of plan
- Planning techniques – the focus on products
- Stage assessments
- Establishing project and stage tolerance
- Checkpoints & highlight reports
- Handling exception situations
- Project reporting
- Ensuring quality
- Quality planning
- The Quality Path
- Five features of CM
- Configuration Librarian
- CM Library
- Starting up and initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
PRINCE2® in practice
- Tailoring PRINCE2® for different business environments
- Scaling PRINCE2® for use with projects of different type and/or size
- Implementing PRINCE2® Project documentation and filing
Exam Tips and Techniques
- Answering styles
- Coping with Case Studies
- Understand the need for project management and how PRINCE2® meets that requirement
- Understand the PRINCE2® process model and apply the PRINCE2® processes
- Design a robust and appropriate project organisation
- Apply appropriate controls at different levels and at different points in the life cycle of a project
- Take the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination paper.
The aim of this course is to prepare people who have already passed their PRINCE2® Foundation exam to move to the ‘next level’ – the PRINCE2® Practitioner examination. The course follows the standard syllabus issued by the PRINCE2® Examinations Board, which focuses on the PRINCE2® framework and how this might be applied pragmatically to real projects.
Delegates will take the PRINCE2® Practitioner or Re-registration exam at the end of this course. Exam fee is included in the list price.