This course is designed to give delegates a sound introduction to the key issues in project management and to prepare them for the one-hour multiple-choice examination held at the end of the course. The APM’s excellent study guide for this certificate is provided to all delegates and is their personal copy to keep for future reference.
- Project Management in Context
- Project management
- Programme management
- Portfolio management
- Project context
- Project sponsorship
- Planning the Strategy
- Project quality
- Project risk management
- Purpose of the project management plan (pmp)
- Stakeholders’ management
- Project success and benefits management
- Executing the Strategy
- Scope management
- Resource management
- Change control information
- Management and reporting
- Issues management
- Configuration management
- Project business case
- Organising and Governance
- Project lifecycle
- Handover and closeout
- Project reviews
- Organisational roles
- People and the Profession
- Communications in a project
- Identify the project management processes.
- Understand project management terminology.
- Correctly identify the roles involved in project management.
- Describe project success criteria and benefits.
- Support and contribute to a successful project outcome.
- Prepare project documentation.
- Have acquired the level of understanding needed to pass the Introductory Certificate: The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification examination.
The APM Project Fundamentals Qualification is a basic or entry level qualification and is particularly suitable for those who are new to project management who want to gain an understanding of the principles of project management as laid down in the Association for Project Management’s Body of Knowledge.