The APM Project Management Qualification assesses 36 elements of the project management life-cycle, from the Body of Knowledge; across 10 syllabus areas and learning outcomes, with 65 assessment criteria. It is a knowledge-based qualification that is recognized both nationally and internationally, and successful candidates can carry the qualification from job to job or from one industry to another.
The qualification addresses identified knowledge areas from the APM Body of Knowledge - 6th Edition. Awareness and understanding of these areas is considered fundamental to the professional management of projects.
The APMP assesses the candidate’s breadth of knowledge in project management, from strategic and commercial implications, to the technical, organisational, and people management skills required to participate effectively within a project team.
The 3 day course covers the learning outcomes of the syllabus and allows for individual activities and group discussion to reinforce their understanding and knowledge, thus improving their ability to apply these skills in their own work environment. The APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners Examination (2 hours) is part of the course.
- Structure of organization and projects
- Project life cycle
- Project context and environment
- Governance and structured methodologies
- Leadership and teamwork
- Planning for success
- Scope management
- Scheduling and resource management
- Demonstrate knowledge of all appropriate fundamental elements of project management and understand how these elements interact. In addition to understanding how their project fits into their wider strategic and commercial environment.
- Actively assist and participate in the management of projects from individual assignments through to large capital projects.
- The APMP is aimed at PRINCE2 Practitioner qualified Project Managers who wish to add a dimension of balance to their project management knowledge.
Company Event Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.
Download a PDF document of the complete course description:
APMP for PRINCE2® Practitioners