Learn what Agile project management can mean for you.
Agile software development methods differ significantly from traditional plan-based approaches, affecting how projects are planned and managed. In this course, you will explore the ways in which your role as the project manager differs on an Agile project. You will learn to form and coach a self-directed team, facilitate continuous collaboration with your customer, embrace changing requirements, and deliver business value (production-ready software) to your customer early and regularly throughout the project.
This virtual short course, specifically designed to give you a quick convenient way to renew and refresh your project management skills, maintain your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, and earn PDUs on your own time, at your own pace.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
These events can be delivered exclusively for your company at our locations or yours, specifically for your delegates and your needs. The Company Events can be tailored or standard course deliveries.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- 1. Introduction to Agility
- 2. Initiate an Agile Project
- 3. Plan an Iteration (Sprint)
- 4. Build a Product Increment
- 5. Hold an Iteration (Sprint) Review
- 6. Adapt to Changes
- The Agile lifecycle
- The unique Agile values and principles
- Envisioning ("Initiation" in the PMBOK® Guide)
- Incremental Speculation (the PMBOK® Guide's "Planning" and "Re-Planning")
- Iterative Exploring ("Execution" in the PMBOK® Guide)
- Adapting to what is learned (the PMBOK® Guide's "Monitoring and Controlling")
- Iterative Closure ("Closing" in the PMBOK® Guide)
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Follow on Courses
- There are no follow-ons for this course.
Company Event Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.
Download a PDF document of the complete course description:
An Overview of Agile Project Management