Improve project buy-in with an effective kick-off meeting.
Learn to use the project kick-off to get everyone involved and focused on the big picture and the long-term goal of the project. Discover why kick-off meetings can be good and bad for business, how they can be used effectively for staff and clients, main issues and reasons for kick-off events, and techniques and tools for keeping the audience's attention. Examine kick-off meeting pitfalls, and learn to use kick-off meetings for effective relationship building and to celebrate a new product or service, pre-empt or diffuse the rumor mills, show executive support, encourage the staff, and appreciate the customer.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
This is a virtual short course, specially designed to give you a quick, convenient way to earn PMI PDUs or concentrate on a specialized topic. This course is also part of our PMP® Renewal Program.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- 1. What defines a project kick-off?
- 2. Introducing the team, the clients, the concept
- 3. Why some project kick-offs more common than others
- 4. Benefits and drawbacks of kick-offs
- 5. How kick-offs can diffuse challenging situations
- 6. Testing the waters at kick-offs: deadlines, participants, ideas
- 7. Using kick-offs to give the big picture and get feedback from participants
- 8. Making kick-offs rewarding with proper planning and execution
- 9. Kick-off pitfalls to avoid
- Benefits of kick-off meetings for marketing and staff moral
- Tools and techniques for getting the most from kick-off meetings
- How to make your meetings more productive and efficient
- Why and when kick-off meetings should be used
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Follow on Courses
- IT Risk Management
- Program Management
- Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management
Company Event Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.