Create a high-performing global project team.
In today's world of globalization and outsourcing, it is almost inevitable that you'll be part of an international project team at some point. Obvious differences exist between international and local teams-along with some hidden pitfalls as well. In this short course, you will learn how to overcome the challenges of working with team members who are not only in different time zones, but also in different cultures. You'll learn to be culturally aware and help your team understand how best to communicate and work together.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
This is a virtual short course, specially designed to give you a quick, convenient way to earn PMI PDUs or concentrate on a specialized topic. This course is also part of our PMP® Renewal Program.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- 1. Importance of cross-cultural awareness
- 2. Domestic vs. global project management paradigms
- 3. Cultural self-awareness
- 4. Communicating across cultures
- 5. Challenges of managing a multicultural project team
- 6. Skills needed to manage a multicultural project team
- 7. Benefits of managing a multicultural project team
- Identify your cultural self-awareness
- The mindset of a global project manager
- Communicating across cultures
- How to handle the challenges of global projects
- Bringing a cross-cultural team together
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Follow on Courses
- IT Project Management
- Program Management
- Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management