Create a high-performing global project team.
In today's world of globalization and outsourcing, it is almost inevitable that you'll be part of an international project team at some point. Obvious differences exist between international and local teams-along with some hidden pitfalls as well. In this short course, you will learn how to overcome the challenges of working with team members who are not only in different time zones, but also in different cultures. You'll learn to be culturally aware and help your team understand how best to communicate and work together.
This virtual short course, specifically designed to give you a quick convenient way to renew and refresh your project management skills, maintain your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, and earn PDUs on your own time, at your own pace.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- 1. Importance of cross-cultural awareness
- 2. Domestic vs. global project management paradigms
- 3. Cultural self-awareness
- 4. Communicating across cultures
- 5. Challenges of managing a multicultural project team
- 6. Skills needed to manage a multicultural project team
- 7. Benefits of managing a multicultural project team
- Identify your cultural self-awareness
- The mindset of a global project manager
- Communicating across cultures
- How to handle the challenges of global projects
- Bringing a cross-cultural team together
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Follow on Courses
- IT Project Management
- Program Management
- Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management