Learn effective ways to improve scope stability.
"Scope creep" can be a stumbling block for project managers. In this short course, you will learn to effectively deal with the general instability of project scope as well as the influence stakeholders have on it. You'll discover the importance of attention, discipline, revision, and documentation when controlling project scope as you learn to improve scope stability and to establish mechanisms that will allow flexibility without sacrificing control.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
This is a virtual short course, specially designed to give you a quick, convenient way to earn PMI PDUs or concentrate on a specialized topic. This course is also part of our PMP® Renewal Program.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
1. Project Scope Foundations
- Project vs. Product Scope
- Scope Statement vs. WBS
2. Effective Scope Definition
- Stakeholder Identification
- Requirements Definition
- Scope Definition
- Rolling Wave Planning
3. Effective Scope Change Management
- Constraints and Assumptions
- Risk-Scope Interdependence
- Scope Change Control Techniques
4. Managing Stakeholder Expectations
- Communicating Scope Changes
- Engaging Stakeholders as Participants in Managing Scope Change
- Securing Stakeholder Buy-In
- How to use the "wave"
- The importance of integrating a focus on both product and work scope
- Which scope-change triggers to monitor
- How to define the critical success factors affecting project scope
- Effective tools to increase scope control
- Effective use of the WBS
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Follow on Courses
- IT Risk Management
- Program Management
- Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management
Company Event Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.