Learn to accurately estimate project cost.If your project costs routinely go over budget, your credibility as a project manager is jeopardized. The key to avoiding budget overruns is having accurate cost estimates at the beginning of your project. This short course will help you understand cost estimating and give you some practical cost-estimating techniques and processes. You'll experiment with different estimating techniques so you can identify which method works best for you and when to use each.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
This is a virtual short course, specially designed to give you a quick, convenient way to earn PMI PDUs or concentrate on a specialized topic. This course is also part of our PMP® Renewal Program.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
- 1. Types of costs
- 2. Different estimating techniques
- 3. Selecting the right estimating technique for your organization
- 4. Validating cost estimates
- What cost estimating is
- The importance of accurate cost estimates
- Methods of cost estimating
- How to generate a cost estimate
- Your role as a project manager
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Follow on Courses
- IT Risk Management
- Program Management
- Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management