Practical Project Quality Planning
Get helpful tools and techniques.
Even if you meet every deadline and hit every budget figure, if the end product doesn't meet quality standards, you have not had a successful project. This short course will help you learn to focus on the quality of project deliverables as well as the quality of project processes. You'll explore tools and techniques that can be integrated into any project plan to ensure that both product and process meet requirements.
This virtual short course, specifically designed to give you a quick convenient way to renew and refresh your project management skills, maintain your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, and earn PDUs on your own time, at your own pace.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- There are no prerequisites for this course.
1. Quality Foundation
- Definition of quality
- Cost of quality
2. Defining Quality Metrics for a Project
- Identify quality requirements
- Determine appropriate quality metrics
- Get stakeholder buy-in
- Create quality checklists
3. Assuring, Executing, and Controlling Quality
- Determine cost/benefit of quality effort
- Report quality status
- Inspections, walkthroughs, and reviews
- Measuring quality
- Implement quality improvements
- Managing change
4. Getting User Acceptance
- How to utilize quality management processes, tools, and metrics
- Determine appropriate quality standards for your project
- How to reduce likelihood of project failure and costly rework
- Techniques to increase project productivity and cost savings
- Leverage industry quality standards on projects
- Tools to help identify root causes of problems
- How to manage stakeholder expectations
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Follow on Courses
- IT Risk Management
- Program Management
- Requirements Development, Documentation, and Management