Coaching and mentoring can help your team members improve on-the-job performance and develop into your organization's leaders of tomorrow. Coaching can also help bring underperformers' work up to standard. This short course will explain the difference between coaching and mentoring and outline the basics of both. You'll learn about what makes a great coach, how to structure a coaching session, and the keys to formal mentoring in the workplace.
This virtual short course, specifically designed to give you a quick convenient way to renew and refresh your project management skills, maintain your Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification, and earn PDUs on your own time, at your own pace.
Virtual short courses do not include materials or headsets.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
These events can be delivered exclusively for your company at our locations or yours, specifically for your delegates and your needs. The Company Events can be tailored or standard course deliveries.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Difference Between Coaching and Mentoring
- What Does a Coach Do?
- Characteristics of Good Coaches
- Preparing for and Structuring the Coaching Session
- Coaching Dos and Don'ts
- Keys to Formal Mentoring in the Workplace
- Matching Mentors and Mentees
- What Makes an Effective Mentor?
- What Does a Mentee Need to Contribute?
4. Questioning and Listening Skills
5. Other Issues
- Coaching and Mentoring Your Team Members
- Hostile Students
- Difference between coaching and mentoring
- What makes a successful coach
- Set goals for coaching
- Structure a coaching session
- Coach underperformers
- Characteristics of great mentors
- What mentees need to do to succeed
PMP-certified project managers, IT project managers, project coordinators, project analysts, project leaders, senior project managers, team leaders, product managers, program managers, project sponsors, and project team members who want to continue to develop their skills and renew their PMP certification.
Follow on Courses
- Project Management Fundamentals (GK2868)
- Motivation and Delegation (GK2956)
- Project Management, Leadership, and Communication (GK2658)
- Providing Performance Feedback To and About Team Members (GK2937)
Company Event Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.
Download a PDF document of the complete course description:
Coaching and Mentoring Team Members