In a Scrum team, the Product Owner maximises value to its customers and users through the regular and frequent delivery of valuable product releases. The Product Owner role therefore can be both difficult and very rewarding.
On this course you will learn how to be an effective Product Owner. Through a number of hands on exercises and interactive learning experiences you will learn how to get your stakeholders and team excited about your product, how to effectively communicate what you want your product to do and how to maximise return on investment in a fun and exhilarating environment. You will also learn some of the common pitfalls experienced by Product Owners and strategies to overcome these.
- None are mandatory however we recommend reading the Scrum Guide prior to attending this course (available at www.scrumguides.org )
- Overview of Scrum
- The Value of Empirical Process Control
- Components of Scrum
- The Scrum Roles
- Product Vision and Goals
- The Product Backlog
- Using User Stories and other types of Product Backlog Items
- Prioritization Techniques
- Planning, including Product Roadmaps, Release Planning & Sprint Planning
- Delivering Value Early and Often and How to Measure the Value Delivered
- The Scrum Events and Activities
- How Much Preparation is required for development to Start
You will Learn How To:
- Apply the Scrum framwork to improve product delivery
- Incorporate aspects of other Agile and Lean methods to maximise value and quality
- Prioritise and schedule product releases
- Identify adaptive actions that can be taken to maximise product value
If you are going to be a Product Owner, or are going to interact with one of more Scrum teams or you are a ScrumMaster or team member who wants to better understand the role of the Product Owner this course will provide the springboard to success.
- Participants who successfully complete the course will be designated Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) and will receive for 2 years membership of Scrum Alliance.
- Participants will also be able to work towards becoming a Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).