MSP® is a best-practice guide from the Home Office, describing a structured approach for managing programmes. It has been developed using the collective expertise and practical experience of some of the leading practitioners in the field. This means that it not only reflects best practice, but is also an accessible, workable technique that has been tested by those working in the real world.
This interactive training can be taken from any location, your office or home and is delivered by a trainer. This training does not have any delegates in the class with the instructor, since all delegates are virtually connected. Virtual delegates do not travel to this course, Global Knowledge will send you all the information needed before the start of the course and you can test the logins.
- Some experience of leading or managing major change.
- The standard recommended pre-course reading time is 15-20 hours
Building your own map of a programme lifecycle
- Designing your programme team
- How leaders lead a programme
- Drafting a Programme Brief
- How to make sure benefits are realised by good transition management
- Engaging the stakeholders;communications in a programme
- Risk and Issue management
- Ensure the quality of the final capability
- Planning, tracking and controlling progress in the programme
- Presenting a Programme Definition
- Managing the developing new business capability and controlling changes
- Integrating the processes, information and roles in the programme.
Programme Management Processes
- Identifying a Programme
- Defining a Programme
- Governing a Programme
- Managing the Benefits
- Closing a Programme
- Fitting it all together with a Case Study
- Mock Examinations
- Examination Tips
- Daily review questions
- Foundation Examination
- Practitioner Examination
- Plan for and gain crucial "buy-in" from the key stakeholders in your programme
- Align projects to your strategy
- Keep the focus on your change objectives
- Provide your senior management colleagues with a flexible and relevant framework, so they can work with you to direct the change process
- Achieve more efficient use of your resources
- Better control the risks that may be hidden in the detail of activities and projects
- Realise benefits during and after your programme through a formal process
- Improve your control of costs, standards and quality
- Effectively manage your programme's business case
- Gain efficient control of a whole range of complex activities
- Use clear role definitions to avoid confusion and conflict
- Manage better the smooth transition from current to future operations
- Be better briefed to work within programmes and Gateway Reviews
- Gain a recognized Programme Management qualification
This training event is designed for Programme Managers, Business Change Managers, Account Managers, Project Directors, Business Strategists, Consultants.
- This course is based upon the Guide leading to the Axelos Examination in Programme Management. Delegates will sit the Foundation and Practitioner exams during this course. The Foundation exam consists of 75 multiple choice questions (although 5 of the questions are for trial purposes only), to be completed closed book within 60 minutes. Candidates must score a minimum of 50% (35 marks) out of 70 to pass. The Practitioner exam is objective marking style, open book paper which consists of 8 questions to be completed within 150 minutes (2.5 hours). Candidates must score at least 50% (40 marks) out of a possible 80 to pass.
Follow on Courses
- MSPAP - Managing Successful Programmes Advanced Practitioner
MSP® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited