The aim of this training event is to provide delegates with an in-depth knowledge and practical understanding of the PRINCE2®project management method. This training will help prepare delegates for the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examinations. The course follows the standard syllabus issued by APM Group who manage PRINCE2® on behalf of the UK Government.
This focuses on the PRINCE2® framework and how this is be applied intelligently to real projects.
PRINCE2® has established itself as global standard for managing projects and is generic, tailorable and uniquely business-driven.
Organisations that have adopted the PRINCE2® claim that they have been able to deliver projects and their products more successful, with enhanced control and greater customer satisfaction.
This interactive training can be taken from any location, your office or home and is delivered by a trainer. This training does not have any delegates in the class with the instructor, since all delegates are virtually connected. Virtual delegates do not travel to this course, Global Knowledge will send you all the information needed before the start of the course and you can test the logins.
There is no formal requirement for attending this course, although it would be beneficial to the delegates to have some understanding of project management.
Delegates will be given access to a PRINCE2® e-learning portal 10 days prior to the start of the class (subject to booking conditions).
It is important that delegates complete the pre-course work prior to attending as the content covers items essential to the successful running of the programme. It will also enhance both yours and the class's learning experience.
Background & Objectives
- Organisational structure
- Roles and responsibilities
- The project board
- The project manager
- Team management.
- Project assurance
- Project support
- Supplier relationships
- Purpose and importance
- Components & types of plan
- Planning techniques
- Product based planning
- The steps in planning.
- Work package authorisation
- Stage assessments
- Establish project & stage tolerance
- Checkpoints & highlight reports
- Handling exception situations
- Project issues
- Project reporting
- Categories of risk
- Risk analysis and management
- The risk log
- Ensuring quality
- Quality planning
- Product descriptions
- Quality control and quality review
Change Control and Configuration Management
- Change control steps
- Authority levels
- Analysing the impact
- Configuration management Processes
- Starting up and Initiating a project
- Directing a project
- Managing stage boundaries
- Controlling a stage
- Managing product delivery
- Closing a project
PRINCE2® in practice
- Tailoring PRINCE2® for different business environments
- Scaling PRINCE2® for use with projects of different type and/or size
- Implementing PRINCE2®
- Project documentation and filing
- Understand the need for project management and a project management method.
- Understand the Principles, Themes and Processes used in PRINCE2®, and how they are integrated.
- Understand how to intelligently apply PRINCE2® to projects.
- Prepare for and take the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner examination
This training event is designed for project managers, project leaders and project coordinators, plus programme and operations managers, and technical personnel who need to understand how PRINCE2® works.
Delegates will take the PRINCE2®Foundation exam at the end of day 3, and the PRINCE2® Practitioner exam on day 5. Exam fees are included in the list price.
PRINCE2® is a is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited