This two-day workshop prepares delegates to achieve a professionally recognised qualification in project management at IPMA level C, the APMPQ. It provides information on pre-requisites and allows delegates to participate in activities similar to those by which they will be assessed.
The Association for Project Management (APM) is the UK’s leading professional body for Project Managers and the largest independent professional body of its kind in Europe. It has over 15,000 individual and 400 corporate members throughout the UK and abroad.
These events can be delivered exclusively for your company at our locations or yours, specifically for your delegates and your needs. The Company Events can be tailored or standard course deliveries.
- Candidates who wish to attend the APM Practitioner Qualification assessment must satisfy the following criteria:
- Passed the APMP qualification or
- Can demonstrate good familiarity with the APM Body of Knowledge (BoK) and have passed an equivalent qualification such as PMP®, ISEB Certificate in Project Management or Open University Project Management Module M865.
- Alternatively, delegates should have a good foundation knowledge of project management, supported by evidence of relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- The qualification and the candidate
- Assessment Centres
- Awareness and application of the APM BoK
- Assessment of candidate behaviour
- Individual/Group work and presentations
- Preparation for assessment
Understand the philosophy and context of the PQ
Be aware of the structure and process for assessment
Have practised and received feedback on the skills required to achieve the qualification
This course is suitable for project managers with 3+ years’ experience in responsible leadership positions plus either APMP/PMP®/ISEB Cert./OU M865, or good foundation knowledge of project management supported by evidence of CPD and self-study.
The APM PQ is suitable for project managers, project coordinators and team leaders who have three to five years’ experience in managing non-complex projects. It is an intermediate qualification for project management practitioners who can demonstrate an ability to manage non-complex projects or run a key control function of a large-scale project. This (IPMA Level C) qualification is for any relatively experienced professional who is looking to demonstrate their ability.
Follow on Courses
- PMPQ, APM Practitioner Qualification (APMPQ) - Assessment Centre
Company Event Schedule
Looking for onsite training?
We can deliver standard or tailored courses to your requirements to be delivered as closed company events at your location or ours, whichever suits you and your employees.
Download a PDF document of the complete course description:
APM Practitioner Qualification (APMPQ) Preparation Workshop