The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
is the world's largest and most comprehensive global information privacy community.
The IAPP is responsible for developing and launching the only globally recognised credentialing programmes in information privacy.
IAPP certifications are the leading privacy certifications for thousands of professionals around the world who serve the following needs of their organisations:
- Data protection
- Information auditing
- Information security
- Legal compliance and/or risk management
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) due to come into force on May 25th 2018 covers all of the above areas. The GDPR requires that many organisations appoint a Data Protection Officer (DPO). The IAPP estimates that more than 75,000 DPOs will be needed to meet GDPR compliance requirements. Are you DPO ready? Are you wondering what you need to become a certified DPO?
Whether you are taking your first step of awareness, or are ready for certification as a data protection professional, our IAPP courses will help you along the way.
In particular, the IAPP's CIPP/E and CIPM are the ANSI/ISO-accredited, industry-recognised combination for DPO readiness.
There's no better way to prepare for the role of a data protection officer, or to exhibit your DPO prowess to the world, than by training for and attaining these two world-renowned certifications. Alternatively if you are an IT professional responsible for technology, security, software engineering or privacy by design, then the CIPT is the course for you.
Why it is important to provide IAPP training for your staff:
- Reduce the risk of a data breach by making privacy a shared business objective
- Improve decision-making among employees who handle data
- Facilitate collaboration and communication across departments
- Demonstrate your commitment to data privacy and protection to customers, partners, regulators and staff
- Prepare yourself and your organisation for the GDPR coming into force in May 2018
The following IAPP training is available:
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM)
- Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
Our partnership with the IAPP gives you access to the very latest in privacy training and IAPP certifications.
Download our IAPP Flyer for more information.